The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!

Go down 
+21
ScottS
masbirras
christopher
rockabilly guy
Banksy
brett
Michael69
BluesSinger212
Rockabilly Ross
Mikey
EskimoPie
Pirate Paul
steb74
Dave
MEMPHISSUN
johnny61
rickabilly
Aristocat
Budgie
radiationsteve
TommyM
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! Empty
PostSubject: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:43 pm

As promised.....see our TOUR PAGE for a partial list of dates. More to follow...check back often!

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
radiationsteve

radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Excellent! Thanks Tommy! sunny Cool Surprised Very Happy

Anyone suggest parking places near Brixton Academy? Last time Brucie, the Wife and me had to walk miles and ended up going through a market where there was a murder the next week!

Radiation-Brixton-Salvation king
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:00 pm

TommyM wrote:
As promised.....see our TOUR PAGE for a partial list of dates. More to follow...check back often!

-Tommy

Dang... shame they cancelled Spain...

Did I type that out loud??

What a Face
El Budge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:04 pm

radiationsteve wrote:
Anyone suggest parking places near Brixton Academy?

Sure mate. There's a car park off the Brixton Ring Road right beside the Tandori Restaurant. Curb your motor, grab a take-away kebab and come rockin' with Stray Cats!

See you in September,
Tommy

Last edited by TommyM on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Budgie wrote:
TommyM wrote:

-Tommy

What a Face
El Budge

Can open........worms everywhere !!!!!!!

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:09 pm

Budgie wrote:
TommyM wrote:

-Tommy

What a Face
El Budge

iBudgie es El Diablo! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
johnny61

johnny61

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:14 pm

rickabilly wrote:
Budgie wrote:
TommyM wrote:

-Tommy

What a Face
El Budge

iBudgie es El Diablo! Twisted Evil
Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
radiationsteve

radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanks Tommy. Really appreciate that.
Have we got Budgie as the 'bouncer' or will he be indisposed?
Also, it was packed actually inside the Academy last time. Quite a few people fainted and had to be carried out 'over' the crowd. If anyone has the Brixton dvd, it happened during 'sexy and 17' and Brian very kindly asked 'is she alright' in the middle of the song! So i would suggest wearing just a t-shirt (and pants before they say anything Budge). The Stray Cats are red hot by themselves, but it was SMOKING in there that night!
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Glasgow - London for me.

Thank god for planes.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:03 pm

radiationsteve wrote:
Excellent! Thanks Tommy! sunny Cool Surprised Very Happy

Anyone suggest parking places near Brixton Academy? Last time Brucie, the Wife and me had to walk miles and ended up going through a market where there was a murder the next week!

Radiation-Brixton-Salvation king

Steve, there is parking close by, just be aware the car park closes about 30 minutes after the show ends - and you have to walk to the car entrance to get in and get to your car - not through the stairwell entrances on each corner.

Last time we drove, down the stairs, made of note of the way back to the car park, easy. After the gig, we went to the stairs, it was locked. had to walk all round trhe car park to find the entrance - not a problem on it`s own, but we found ourselves in a very dark alley, in Brixton, not knowing where the hell we were heading...!!

I might take the tube/train this time...

Dave
Back to top Go down
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 pm

A show in Liverpool or N.Wales on Sat 13th would slot into the schedule nicely. From there it's only a 2 hour ferry ride over to Dublin !

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
steb74

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:33 pm

Budgie wrote:
It certainly is man, I live in Madrid and I'd already booked a week in Bilbao No

Are there going to be no gigs in Spain at all or is that yet to decided?
Oh dear, I need a really large strong drink.
Back to top Go down
radiationsteve

radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Thanks Dave. Yes, i vaguely remember walking passed that way and the crowd behind were saying 'Oh God, they've locked us out!' - or words to that effect. I'm def going to find the carpark Tommy suggested, but also check out the train times as it may be the safer option. I remember worrying about the car in the middle of '18 miles to memphis'. Not a good thing.
It's weird that Brixton has been chosen again. There's trains right across the country that would take fans straight to London, and tubes or trains from there to say the Hammersmith or somewhere more central to the Capital. Brixton is a really rough area, you always hear of car bombs etc on the news. I don't want to frighten anyone, i expect most of the time it's safe enough. We have areas in Brighton that i wouldn't go to at night, but i guess my dream of them playing 'The Brighton Centre' (on Brighton sea-front will just stay in my pipe. After all, it only hold 3-5 thousand, that's not going to be enough, is it?

As for Spain. Cheer up Friends! Didn't Brian say that the Tour would start there? And you might get a whole week before the Italy gig!
I read somewhere that some fans were looking for the U.S. dates.....I'm positive that there will be some after this EUROPEAN Tour. Whether it's instead of BSO Xmas Tour or after, i expect noone knows yet. But like you i will be waiting, hoping that they play a town near where Rick or Budgie lives. These 'Farewell' Tours will probably imho eventually include a 'Euro' Tour, 'U.S.A Tour' and 'Japan' Tour. I'm sure Stray Cats will want to say goodbye to as many fans as possible!
But this is just my thinking. Tommy is the Man who will print it as soon as he knows. He doesn't just promise, he delivers! (unlike our postman!)

Safety first Radiation-Warning king
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Spanish friends,
I can't get into it, but I want to tell you....nobody said that the Cats are not playing Spain. Hang tight....more info will follow. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week....BrianSetzer.com & StrayCats.com NEVER CLOSE so new info can be announced at ANY time.

STRAY CATS RULE,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 7:50 pm

cheers Manchester, I cant wait for this one! cheers

Question Tommy - any idea when the tickets go on sale Question

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 7:53 pm

No idea yet Paul, but I know THIS.....you and I are going to have a laugh at the Salford Lads Club!
-Tommy
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Budgies house   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 8:22 pm

I heard Brian is playing a solo gig at Budgie's house so he can get a decent sandwich!

farao (Bloodless Pharaoh)
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Oh Boy!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 8:45 pm

Did anyone just hear the giant howl of glee coming down from the north pole? My sister, BakedAlaska, the silent lurker - Ok, it's just a giant land of luscious frozen desserts - and I are making it official: see you all on the road!
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:05 pm

TommyM wrote:
....nobody said that the Cats are not playing Spain. Hang tight....

Well... uhhh... actually I did... but I was being all facecious. I do that somtimes.

Yo soy El Diablo
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:10 pm

TommyM wrote:
I heard Brian is playing a solo gig at Budgie's house so he can get a decent sandwich!

farao (Bloodless Pharaoh)

Hey wait... Who's lookin' for a decent sammich?? The Brian?? Or is The Brian bringing sammich?? Put me down for a roast beef on rye with mayo!!

Carnegie Budge
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Gotta travel again??   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Hey Tommy

I notice that the Cats aren't playing in Mosborough. I kinda hoped they'd be playing at the Queen pub at the end of my road.Have a word will you please? If I have to drive all the way into Sheffield to watch 'em again, it'll be the same imposition as I had back in '82 at The Lyceum. I had to go all the way into town to watch Brian and the boys!!!! Dammit, I work hard y'know (tee hee)

Mikey - The Travellin' Man

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:44 pm

EskimoPie wrote:
Did anyone just hear the giant howl of glee coming down from the north pole? My sister, BakedAlaska, the silent lurker - Ok, it's just a giant land of luscious frozen desserts - and I are making it official: see you all on the road!

How is Cheryl Buff? Give her my love

Mikey xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Will do   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:07 pm

Just Married, and bringing the new hubbie. Hey, someone's got to chaperone her.

I'm going to get in trouble for that. pirat
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:48 pm

Tommy,

Will there be U.S. dates? Or is it just an overseas tour? Please don't forget the U.S. fans.

Hoping for the best.

Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross
Back to top Go down
steb74

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:18 am

Thanks for the heads up Tommy Smile

from an English cat living in Spain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!   STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW! Empty

Back to top Go down

STRAY CATS CONFIRMED DATES GOING UP NOW!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next