The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

am joining a very cool club..

Go down 
+10
rickabilly
sidelakebob
Summerz
TommyM
johnnykool327
MEMPHISSUN
PICKIN' PETE
Pinkpiratekitty
Kid Setzer
59 Phantom
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
59 Phantom

am joining a very cool club.. Empty
PostSubject: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyMon May 12, 2008 4:57 pm

Hello all, happy to join this group, old time fan, just getting younger by every guitar lick I hear and play...have had a few converations with Tommy...somebody has to represent Minneapolis in plugging for shows.... Cool
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyMon May 12, 2008 9:53 pm

Hey Phantom, great to have you on board!

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Welcome - the more the merrier!!

PPK cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyMon May 12, 2008 11:46 pm

Am I cool too?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:50 am

Of course you are! You're here aren't you? Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:35 am

Welcome to a great forum,for great folk. Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 2:51 am

Awww, you're the best Pinkpiratekitty!! lol!!
At the very least, betterer than Kid Setzer!! Hahahaha!!
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 3:04 am

Hey there,

As another fellow minneapolis area member, welcome!!!

BK
Back to top Go down
http://www.mywedding.com/bkandjenny
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:35 am

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
Awww, you're the best Pinkpiratekitty!! lol!!
At the very least, betterer than Kid Setzer!! Hahahaha!!

Pete, I gave you a full on tutorial with pictures and everything on how to upload photos from your computer and this is what you do to me?.. This is very sad, very sad indeed...

Kid.
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:40 am

Kid,
You didn't teach Pete how to create that frightening avatar he uses, did ya?

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:47 am

TommyM wrote:
Kid,
You didn't teach Pete how to create that frightening avatar he uses, did ya?

-Tommy

No, he did that all by himself... I would never take part it such a thing.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:00 am

So this is a 2 againest one fight, huh? Been in those before!
So I say no more cake for you Kid and Shiraz for you Tommy! That'll fix you! hahaha!!
Cheers Imstillawkardaboutmydeformedheadabilly Pete.
Back to top Go down
Summerz

Summerz

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:20 am

Welcome Phantom....pay no attention to them lol.

bickerbickerbicker...... Basketball

http://video.yahoo.com/network/100000086?v=2627989&cache=1
Back to top Go down
59 Phantom

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:54 pm

thanks to all for a warm welcome, Rockabilly Rules .. OK!!

here's hoping I learn a few more chords and can get the damn right hand Shocked to do some better strumming...

I hit up Tommy about Brian playing at the 50th Anniv Winter Dance Party in Clear Lake in late Jan 09 ...so am shamelessly plugging for some PRESSURE to help get him there...

Hope my fellow Mpls fans, BK and wife got to enjoy a show AND was pretty cool that you proposed ...and she said yes....Cats put on a great show and I got a big kick out of ZZ Top also...good bill....

Any chance I stood next to you at the Lee's Liquor Lounge show??

best wishes to all those I don't know...yet.
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:57 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
So this is a 2 againest one fight, huh? Been in those before!
So I say no more cake for you Kid and Shiraz for you Tommy! That'll fix you! hahaha!!
Cheers Imstillawkardaboutmydeformedheadabilly Pete.

3 against one.. Pete, 1976 call and wont that hair back! Wink
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Welcome aboard, Phantom! The Lee's Liquor Lounge show was the best! (and by best, I'm using a figure of speech to convey my excitement, not to invoke comparisons with Rockpalast '81, etc.). I'm glad you got to go. Seeing the Riot and Ignition tunes performed live and the Setzer-Phantom reunion was a true highlight of my Setzer fandom.

I would argue against the Winter Dance Party show, as tickets will be so insanely hard to come by for this 50th Anniversary festival, and most Setzer fans will be shut out of this experience by the firmly entrenched oldies enthusiasts who have been attending for years. And they're buying up tickets for the entire 4 days, not just individual shows.

No offense to the aged intended, but there are a lot of "sock hop" enthusiasts who will be less appreciative of Brian's talents, as they're dying to hear what the 70-year-old surviving members of the Belmonts sound like. Of course, John Mueller (a GREAT Holly impersonator), the Big Bopper, Jr and a Ritchie Valens tribute artist have all signed on to play, and time will tell if the organizers can secure The Crickets, Tommy Allsup, or any other artists related to Holly lore. But as the ZZTop/ Pretenders/Stray Cats tour proved last year, Setzer shows are the best when Brian Setzer or Stray Cats are the focus of the audience.

Having said that, the Surf would be a cool place for Brian to play independent of the "50's in February Fest." Then, he could play a set of Holly material without being super redundant. I say that with all selfishness intended, as I, like Phantom, JohnnyKool327, fattaft, Tweedboy6L6, EddieLeeFunn, and many others are within driving distance of this historic venue.

Having said that, the Eddie Cochran Days, held each June in Albert Lea, would possibly be an even more appropriate setting for a Setzer appearance.

Land O' Lakes-a-billy
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Welcome aboard, Phantom!

And look! You got Rickabilly rambling on again... Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
59 Phantom

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 4:28 pm

Hello WildCat, and well stated Rickabilly, many good points, just looking to improve the music as you had mentioned John M will be there Friday of that weekend...not sure about getting tics but I got a room for three nights just down the street...

plan on stoppin by Albert Lea on the way down for a little Eddie inspiration...great ideas.....TOMMY ??

and I'm old, but was in front row at Lee's so still know what I need cheers had a great time: loved blasting a little live Robert Gordon in the parking lot with Danny Gatton ( the Humbler ) after that show for some folks...

take care...
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi 59 Phantom

COOL!!! Cool Cool name.
Keep on twangin on that guitar,I'm the same myself Laughing Laughing Laughing
It's a GREAT!!! forum
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:45 pm

59 Phantom wrote:
Hello WildCat, and well stated Rickabilly, many good points, just looking to improve the music as you had mentioned John M will be there Friday of that weekend...not sure about getting tics but I got a room for three nights just down the street...

plan on stoppin by Albert Lea on the way down for a little Eddie inspiration...great ideas.....TOMMY ??

and I'm old, but was in front row at Lee's so still know what I need cheers had a great time: loved blasting a little live Robert Gordon in the parking lot with Danny Gatton ( the Humbler ) after that show for some folks...

take care...

What a night that was...

am joining a very cool club.. 2CoolCats

Mesmerized Rickabilly (under the low ride cymbal) worshipping at the
altar of rockabilly: Lee's Liquor Lounge - June 2006.

By the way, I just looked through the Lee's photos, and see nobody that qualifies as "old" as defined by the 65-75-year olds who make up a large part of the crowd at Clear Lake's "50s in February" festival (named thusly because of legal action from the woman who was married to Buddy for 5 minutes). Don't get me wrong - today's seniors grew up with rock-n-roll, and in terms of musical tastes, are often much more in tune with my tastes than the old folks I was around as a kid.

Fat, 40, and Flatulent-billy
Back to top Go down
59 Phantom

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:59 pm

great pic....

when you get to the pics that were on Brian's side right of the mic, i'm in the white shirt with blues flames....although I let a guy who just HAD to be dead on the mic stand next to me.. but when Tommy posted the pics, his and another guys eyes were closed and they were in 7th heaven... like you said a magical night...but I even had good seats for when they opened for the stones here in St Paul too, and I loved the energy the Cats gave back when all the booing started...

it's good to be alive...been a pleasure talking with ya.. Cool
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:15 pm

59 Phantom wrote:
I even had good seats for when they opened for the stones here in St Paul too, and I loved the energy the Cats gave back when all the booing started..

Hey Phantom, welcome to the forum. What was that gig like back in 1981? The Cats won the crowd over, right?

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey sidelakebob,
How goes?
3 againest 1 now!! Ok, Ok I give in.... but why make fun of my head and hair?!?!?! hahaha!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
Berndt Ottokatt

Berndt Ottokatt

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Peter, you are full of words. schließen Sie Ihren Mund. This means to stop always talking so much.

As I know Brian Setzer say DRINK BEERS AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH UP!
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Whats up   am joining a very cool club.. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Long time Lerker short time Joiner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. Empty

Back to top Go down

am joining a very cool club..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next