The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

am joining a very cool club..

Go down 
+10
rickabilly
sidelakebob
Summerz
TommyM
johnnykool327
MEMPHISSUN
PICKIN' PETE
Pinkpiratekitty
Kid Setzer
59 Phantom
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Berndt Ottokatt wrote:
Peter, you are full of words. schließen Sie Ihren Mund. This means to stop always talking so much.

As I know Brian Setzer say DRINK BEERS AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH UP!

Dude - look in the mirror and say it to yourself. You have too much attitude Evil or Very Mad Also - if your going to ATTEMPT to write in english, get the verbage right or don't write anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Hey Pinkpiratekitty,
Told ya you're the bestest!! Much more gooder than Kid and Tommy!! hahaha!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Tanx Pete Wink
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:33 pm

I thought Berndt was just being sarcastic?..... scratch

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:36 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:40 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

I don't think so.

Well then that's not very nice at all..

Don't make me take out my BLENDER!!!! Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:46 am

59 Phantom wrote:

Hope my fellow Mpls fans, BK and wife got to enjoy a show AND was pretty cool that you proposed ...and she said yes....Cats put on a great show and I got a big kick out of ZZ Top also...good bill....

Any chance I stood next to you at the Lee's Liquor Lounge show??

That Stray Cats concert was phenomenal, and the entire day in itself proved to be the best day ever. Everything was perfect.

There is a chance you stood next to me at Lee's. If you look at the pics from the briansetzer.com archives, I am in the red nebraska shirt, front row center.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://www.mywedding.com/bkandjenny
59 Phantom

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:52 am

TommyM wrote:
59 Phantom wrote:
I even had good seats for when they opened for the stones here in St Paul too, and I loved the energy the Cats gave back when all the booing started..

Hey Phantom, welcome to the forum. What was that gig like back in 1981? The Cats won the crowd over, right?

-Tommy

Good morning Tommy, well, I'd like to say that they did, but Rolling Stones crowds were pretty much there for one thing and it ain't the opening act...

now if memory serves me, Cats had scant radio play around here except for the hits...but a few of us had been supportive of our Eddie roots...

as they came out, most folks just sorta gave polite clap clap; Brian was energized from minute one, but the look was too much for most of the midwesterners( of which I'm one) Tats and Pomp wasn't cutting it, and when the slower songs missed the mark for the crowd... that's when booing got louder.

I'm not sure of the abbreviated opening act set list anymore (of course you probably know) but perhaps a couple of those are not even played much today, but i think Rumble, Strut and Fishnet stockings(?) helped pick it up... when jim gets up on the bass.... and they NAIL Rock this town...smattering of applause at the end but overall it wasn't near as bad as Stevie Ray getting booed in Montreaux...I still think somebody should have gone over and slapped those two guys in France upside the head.

But I'm glad I got to see them open; history was made as I think they only did a few shows as opener, was about 10 rows back on the right center (friend in St Paul Post Office!!) as it gave them respect and I tried to never miss a show after that...I've enjoyed all the incarnations of groups and have been able to get close often to watch one of the best guitar players/ musicians on the planet ...bar none.
Back to top Go down
59 Phantom

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:01 am

johnnykool327 wrote:
59 Phantom wrote:

Hope my fellow Mpls fans, BK and wife got to enjoy a show AND was pretty cool that you proposed ...and she said yes....Cats put on a great show and I got a big kick out of ZZ Top also...good bill....

Any chance I stood next to you at the Lee's Liquor Lounge show??

That Stray Cats concert was phenomenal, and the entire day in itself proved to be the best day ever. Everything was perfect.

There is a chance you stood next to me at Lee's. If you look at the pics from the briansetzer.com archives, I am in the red nebraska shirt, front row center.

-BK

Congrats....I thought I remembered your face from the crowd, wasn't sure maybe you were the guy next to me and had lost the Pompador Very Happy .....As Rickabilly pic showed, it was pretty cool Cool Hope we get a little more....Tommy??
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 3:10 pm

rickabilly wrote:
59 Phantom wrote:
Hello WildCat, and well stated Rickabilly, many good points, just looking to improve the music as you had mentioned John M will be there Friday of that weekend...not sure about getting tics but I got a room for three nights just down the street...

plan on stoppin by Albert Lea on the way down for a little Eddie inspiration...great ideas.....TOMMY ??

and I'm old, but was in front row at Lee's so still know what I need cheers had a great time: loved blasting a little live Robert Gordon in the parking lot with Danny Gatton ( the Humbler ) after that show for some folks...

take care...

What a night that was...

am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 2CoolCats

Mesmerized Rickabilly (under the low ride cymbal) worshipping at the
altar of rockabilly: Lee's Liquor Lounge - June 2006.

By the way, I just looked through the Lee's photos, and see nobody that qualifies as "old" as defined by the 65-75-year olds who make up a large part of the crowd at Clear Lake's "50s in February" festival (named thusly because of legal action from the woman who was married to Buddy for 5 minutes). Don't get me wrong - today's seniors grew up with rock-n-roll, and in terms of musical tastes, are often much more in tune with my tastes than the old folks I was around as a kid.

Fat, 40, and Flatulent-billy

Thanks for that pic Rickabilly, Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:40 am

Not anywhere near good quality, but since the topic is open, wanted to re-post
Back to top Go down
http://www.mywedding.com/bkandjenny
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: am joining a very cool club..   am joining a very cool club.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

am joining a very cool club..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2