The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you remember when...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

Do you remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Do you remember when...   Do you remember when... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:33 am

... you could stand literally in front and touch the performers?!?!?
I remember seeing the Cats, Tommy Emmanuele, the Faboulous Thunderirds, Slim Jim Phantom, Jason and the Scorchers, the Happy Drivers, The Cramps etc and being able to stand this close to them, no barrier etc. It gave a special energy that can't be reproduced in a big arena.
A few monhts ago I saw THE METEORS, a band I've following for almost as long as the Cats, and we got to hang out with Paul BEFORE and AFTER the show!!
Long Live Live Music!!!!!!
Rambling again Pete......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember when...   Do you remember when... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:03 am

Hi Pete

I've stood at that distance from jimmie vaughan, warner hodges, brian setzer, wilko johnson bo diddley poison ivy and brian gregory plus quite a few others at gigs in manchester over the years - is definitely a diferent kind of connection - plus for guitar geeks like me (us?) it makes studying the fingers all the easier - although you have to be able to handle that surging crowd momentum behind you!!
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember when...   Do you remember when... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:17 am

Yeah and the guitar picks!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember when...   Do you remember when... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 2:34 pm

scatcatcnut wrote:

I've stood at that distance from poison ivy

Is it me or is it hot in here all of a sudden?
Back to top Go down
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember when...   Do you remember when... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 7:10 pm

I gotta admit that when i was living in Bristol years ago when I was a lad dont ask me the exact date Brian from the stray cats walked right passed me and it wasnt until someone one told me that i relalised what i just missed. Apparently he was off to the Hells Angels Club house in Totterdown Bristol In The uk. What for I dont know. I guess he was gonna perform. I recently been talking to the ex president Of the Angels Kenny Jordon Who actually confirmed that the Strays did actually visit The clubhouse In Bristol. So there you go A little bit of knowledge for you .I will try and find out what the dates were
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember when...   Do you remember when... Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you remember when...
Page 1 of 1