The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about the song "I'm a Rocker"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HellboundGreaser

HellboundGreaser

Question about the song "I'm a Rocker" Empty
PostSubject: Question about the song "I'm a Rocker"   Question about the song "I'm a Rocker" EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 1:32 pm

From the Rock Therapy record. At the end of I'm a Rocker, Setzer says "Gimmie a standin' Audition" For a while I thought that he was sayin' "Ovation" But it is "Audition". What does that mean? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Question about the song "I'm a Rocker"   Question about the song "I'm a Rocker" EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 1:53 pm

I take "give me a standing audition" to mean, "anytime, anywhere I want the gig, I'm good enough to have an audition waiting for me." It's like a "standing offer" - the offer's always open. I love the line - it has a swagger/confidence to it that completely sums up the bravado of the song.

It's one of my favorite taglines ever, along with the understated mock modesty of John Lennon's "I'd like to thank you all and on behalf of the group and myself, I hope we passed the audition."

Get Back-a-billy

Last edited by rickabilly on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HellboundGreaser

HellboundGreaser

PostSubject: Re: Question about the song "I'm a Rocker"   Question about the song "I'm a Rocker" EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Makes sense, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Question about the song "I'm a Rocker"   Question about the song "I'm a Rocker" EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:16 pm

I take it as give me a fighting chance, but your definition sounds better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about the song "I'm a Rocker"   Question about the song "I'm a Rocker" Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about the song "I'm a Rocker"
Page 1 of 1