The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone know of a Setzer biography?

Go down 
+6
rickabilly
carboncat
juice3
PICKIN' PETE
Kid Setzer
hobson
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hobson

hobson

Anyone know of a Setzer biography? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 am

Does anyone know if there is a Setzer biography? I looked on Amazon and can't find anything. I think it would be completely fascinating to read about his life--from his childhood years learning guitar, through the early bands, all the way through all the tours from all over the world...surely there are some great stories. I'm not so interested in specific, private life info such as marriages, girlfriends, etc., and not even transcriptions (there are enough of those) but how fun it would be to read a tour diary, history of songs, interviews, those sorts of things. Anyone with me on this? I'm a big reader and think the book would be a great seller. Wish I knew Brian--I'd interview him and write it!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 2:05 am

I don't think there is an official biography.. just the ones that you find on Wikipedia and what not.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 2:15 am

Hey hobson,
The VH1 special on Brian was good in that regard. It showed a little more about the history of the bands, songs, personal life etc. Don't know where ya would find it now, I got mine on Ebay quite a few years ago, and convientily lost to a friend!
Cheeres Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
juice3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 5:43 am

there was some kind of book about Stray Cats in 80´s(written in english) or was it just notebook with some stories. I saw it,but didn´t buy it.
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 3:31 pm

HI
I have longed to get a hold of something (biography) on Brian or the Stray Cats.
It would be good reading for sure (come on Brian,Jim,Lee put pen to paper) Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool
I know your busy at the moment!! cat
Regards
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 4:00 pm

The best thing about there being no biography on Brian, Lee, or Jim, is that their careers are ongoing. Hopefully, there are still many chapters to be written. For me, a biography, autobiography, or memoir is best written after an artist has retreated into semi-retirement, and has time to properly reflect. Obviously, it would be ideal if they were documenting it somehow as they go before their memories fade. But that's highly unlikely that has been done to this point.

Peggy Sue Garron, the subject of the song Peggy Sue, kept a diary in high school, and has recently written a memoir of her time around Lubbock during the rise of the careers of Buddy Holly and the Crickets. Though the whole book is more than just a simple re-production of that diary, the diary is consulted throughout the book to help fill in the blanks on 50+ year memories. It's definitely a different, more personal story, than some that have been printed about Buddy. I'm fairly certain there will be nothing like that where Brian, Lee, and Jim are concerned.

There are number of folks around the world working to document their professional careers in the form of timelines, setlists, recording dates, collecting articles, etc. Hopefully, when an official story is told, these invaluable resources will be consulted on some level to help develop a public record of our favorite artists.

Here's to many more chapters...

Bookworm-a-billy
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 6:29 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
The VH1 special on Brian was good in that regard. It showed a little more about the history of the bands, songs, personal life etc. Don't know where ya would find it now, I got mine on Ebay quite a few years ago, and convientily lost to a friend!

It's available for download from HDVDL: CLICK HERE and scroll down to "Solo Work and Interviews." I hadn't seen it since it originally aired and I just watched it again - it's such a great story. I got tears in my eyes watching him talk about how much the Grammys meant to him. And hearing Ray Gogarty talk about him. I laughed when he said Brian should teach, can you imagine how long the line would be for lessons?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 8:38 pm

Yeah, there's a really cool Biography about Brian, written by Tommy Maguire in 2015! It gives such an amazing insight into his life and covers everything with 'no holes barred'! It covers his gig in Madison Square Garden with Paul McCartney back in 2011. It talks about his #1 hit album on both sides of the pond in 2012. It even covers his honorory knighthood from the Queen just this year (2015).

It's such a fantastic read!!

Love

Mikey (Marty) McFly
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:16 pm

Andi
Thanks for the Link!! Whoo Hoo........ I did not know this place exsisted I may have answered my own question in another thread titled "Warfield Poster memorabelia and more" I will have to go splunking. I am new in using the web for sport rather than a work tool seems like theres a (how can I say) s**t load of stuff out there for whatever your into old punk, rockabilly, fashion, food, web design, 70s, 80s, collecting, music, guitar, horses, surfing, ( I can check my favorite surf break from a web cam ) hot rods, comics, movies, I wonder if there is a google search that does not yield results? misspellings aside one website quotes the oddest google search as "quarters in nose record"?
Back to top Go down
taggy jess

taggy jess

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Mikey wrote:
Yeah, there's a really cool Biography about Brian, written by Tommy Maguire in 2015! It gives such an amazing insight into his life and covers everything with 'no holes barred'! It covers his gig in Madison Square Garden with Paul McCartney back in 2011. It talks about his #1 hit album on both sides of the pond in 2012. It even covers his honorory knighthood from the Queen just this year (2015).

It's such a fantastic read!!

Love

Mikey (Marty) McFly

I'll buy that book right away Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a Setzer biography?   Anyone know of a Setzer biography? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of a Setzer biography?
Page 1 of 1