The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED

Go down 
+35
FrenchyCat
Pirate Paul
Mikey
brucie68
bogusbill
dutchgretsch
MEMPHISSUN
dwdrummerboy19
Good Rockin Danny
katie11189
rockabilly guy
Jpequa NY
The G-Man
jetbunny
Ambassador Nao
tappenfeat
Rockabilly Ross
El Perro
rubydoll5
naked_truth
Kid Setzer
masbirras
hoodoo voodoo doll
ScottS
Hot Rod Girl
EskimoPie
Pinkpiratekitty
rickabilly
Michael69
Budgie
sixstringslinger
christopher
Stray Cat Lover
johnny61
TommyM
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The G-Man

The G-Man

STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:22 am

Any idea when the dates will be announced ????? Take it they will be doing the UK !! Shocked Cool
Back to top Go down
Jpequa NY

Jpequa NY

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 10:06 am

I got a great idea.Since they started in Massapequa they should end in Massapequa.And after the show,everyone back to my house for a kick ass BBQ!
J from Massapequa.
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 12:52 pm

Had a couple of hours to digest the news now.Wow,a Stray Cats gig to look forward to,fingers crossed.Praying now,it doesn't clash with the family holiday,but hey...sorry family lol!
Hoping for some great merchandise...another work shirt would be great.
I was thinking along the same lines as Budgie...I hope the farewell tour is as long as Status Quo's. Laughing
Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
katie11189

katie11189

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 3:27 pm

El Perro wrote:
Will the farewell tour be in Europe only, or start in Europe and move on to the US?

If they do play in the US, you know their final show will have to be on Long Island somewhere. Any good venues in Massapequa?

i saw them in massapequa over the summer at jones beach and it was awesome. it's right on the water and the beach and everything is right there. it was definitely a really good place to watch them perform.
Back to top Go down
Good Rockin Danny

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 4:14 pm

lol!

Hey Brian,

Great news for the summer - please please come to London.

And if it;s got to be a farewell tour then let's make it the rockinest farewell tour in the Galaxy!!!

Dan
Back to top Go down
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Folk: be sure it is gonna be the best tour we have ever seen...
IĀ“m sure of it. IĀ“m counting the days left....
Back to top Go down
dwdrummerboy19

dwdrummerboy19

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 1:30 pm

NOOOOO!!!

I STORNGLY RECCOMEND A FAREWELL TOUR AT THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OR BETTER YET LIKE NEVER.... THE CATS ARE THE BEST. THIS IS WORSE THEN WHEN ELVIS DIED, I WAS IN 3RD GRADE AND MY TEACHER FAINTED AND WE WERE SENT HOME EARLY, THE WORLD STOPPED THAT DAY, BUT THIS IS WAYYYY WORSE...
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 9:05 pm

What ever folks...thanks for the "SOUNDS" guys...GONNA BALL,one more time..for us lucky people. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
dutchgretsch

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 9:03 am

No Farewell tour... Ehhm... I don't know how to recover from that... Shocked THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS!!! I'm in desparate need of a drink now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pvosoest.nl
bogusbill

bogusbill

PostSubject: Farewell Tour!   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 7:12 pm

I gotta jump in on this one. I was totally gutted when they split up in 1984 (or there abouts) and can still remember with absolute ecstasy finding tickets for the shows in Manchester in 1989. That gig was the first time I saw them live. For their second encore they came back on stage after about 15 minutes solid applause wearing nothing but union jack boxer shorts and played two more songs!

After seeing them again in 1992, they split up again I think around 1994? when Brian started the BSO - Question for Tommy - I bought a ticket for a BSO gig in Manchester sometime around 1996/1997 but the tour was cancelled at the last minute - what happened?

In 2004 (after too long a wait) I was at the back next to the bar at the Brixton gig, it was a truly superb performance.

Where am I going with this? - ok, I think that whatever they do and wherever they play, they know deep down that the 3 man rockabilly format is at the heart of their music. It is an itch that has to be scratched - be it in '68 Comeback Special guise, Brian Setzer Trio or The Nashvillains (ok - I can't count, that's a 4 piece but still one of the best gigs ever in Glasgow) I think "farewell" can only be for so long!

Wherever the gigs may be next summer, I will be at least one of them! and then looking forward to the next time that itch needs scratchin'

My only request - drink that bottle down!
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 10:13 am

The Nashvillains (ok - I can't count, that's a 4 piece but still one of the best gigs ever in Glasgow).

100% with you the Bill...i was also at that gig,and he said that night he wished the CATS played Glasgow...well...this could be the return visit?.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
brucie68

brucie68

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 8:56 am

Hey Bogus Bill....I remember those gigs when the boys done the encores wearing the union jack boxer shorts-that was the Blast Off tour in 1989.
Fantastic tour - i went to many shows on that tour and it cost me a fortune on tickets-travel and merchandise but worth every penny as always to see the Cats.
I was also gutted the Manchester BSO gig was cancelled along with the Royal Albert Hall show.
Dont worry mate-we will be watching them live again real soon.
Keep Rockin'
Brucie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brucie68
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 3:27 pm

brucie68 wrote:
Hey Bogus Bill....I remember those gigs when the boys done the encores wearing the union jack boxer shorts-that was the Blast Off tour in 1989.
Fantastic tour - i went to many shows on that tour and it cost me a fortune on tickets-travel and merchandise but worth every penny as always to see the Cats.
I was also gutted the Manchester BSO gig was cancelled along with the Royal Albert Hall show.
Dont worry mate-we will be watching them live again real soon.
Keep Rockin'
Brucie.

D'ya know Brucie, it's a funny thing, but... when i dramatically quit my job and jumped the whole 'Blast Off' tour in'89, i thought i was the only person in the world that would do that, and that no-one else had ever heard of the Stray Cats. Yet, so many people have done far more than you and I in the pursuit of watching the greatest live performer in the universe (Brian). I could have a conversation with Buffy about my travels all over the UK, and the US and europe, and her travels would make me look like i'd just boasted about traveling 20 miles. My point is that, it's a true testimony to the Stray Cats that the loyal fans put themselves through absolutely anything just for a fix of a seriously great Rock 'n' Roll gig. God bless the Stray Cats!!!! We all love ya guys

Mikey Churchill

never, in the field of human conflict has so much been given to so many... yadda yadda yadda!
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
bogusbill

bogusbill

PostSubject: Stray Cats Farewell Tour   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Is anyone else rapidly re-arranging their summer holidays and working out how to get to all the gigs?
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 3:53 pm

brucie68 wrote:
Hey Bogus Bill....I remember those gigs when the boys done the encores wearing the union jack boxer shorts-that was the Blast Off tour in 1989...
Keep Rockin'
Brucie.
Here is a picture from one of those shows Cool
This picture is from the inlay card of my "Blast Off" cd so I'm not too sure any details of the venue etc...
Cool though Laughing

STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Union_Jack_Shorts

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 5:08 pm

bogusbill wrote:
I gotta jump in on this one. I was totally gutted when they split up in 1984 (or there abouts) and can still remember with absolute ecstasy finding tickets for the shows in Manchester in 1989. That gig was the first time I saw them live. For their second encore they came back on stage after about 15 minutes solid applause wearing nothing but union jack boxer shorts and played two more songs!

Could it be on 7th mars 1989 at the International 2 Question
FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 5:30 pm

nice avatar brucie...... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Mikey, you're outing me! heh heh   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 7:51 pm

...and yes, rapidly re-arranging summer plans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rg9l@libero.it

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:06 am

Wow, this gonna be the first time I can see the Cats live!
Damn, in 2004 I was too young...
This summer will ROCK.
I'm gonna see Jim, Lee and the Cats live.
I hope they will play some dates in Italy or near it, I really want to see them at least twice!

Too bad it's their final tour...I hope this tour will give them the energy to record another record and maybe a new tour!
Deep inside me I'm sure that this is not gonna be the LAST tour...

afro

EDIT:

Oh my God, the Senigallia's gig is FREE!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://paulvsgodzilla.googlepages.com/backintrack
jan

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:25 am

I'm coming to this party very late......I'm so very happy that the Cats will tour again.....but devastated that this will be goodbye. There is music, and then there is the Cats, with their special magic.

It's been a tough year for me(and it ain't even March yet!), so heaven only knows if I'll be able to catch a show. In some ways, though, it doesn't matter. I'll be there in heart and spirit, and I thank you, always, gentlemen, for the wonderful music. The first time I heard you play, it changed my understanding of music forever. I had a love for music. Now I have a *hunger* for it, too. That's because of you three.

I don't have to say "rock this tour". That is a given. But I can hope, for you, who have brought all of us such great memories, that this will be, in the midst of all the work, a joyous time, as well.

Don't forget: ya gotta play a bit o' banjo, Brian!

jan
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Pirate Paul wrote:
brucie68 wrote:
Hey Bogus Bill....I remember those gigs when the boys done the encores wearing the union jack boxer shorts-that was the Blast Off tour in 1989...
Keep Rockin'
Brucie.
Here is a picture from one of those shows Cool
This picture is from the inlay card of my "Blast Off" cd so I'm not too sure any details of the venue etc...
Cool though Laughing

STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Union_Jack_Shorts

Cheers PP pirat

Think that was the Town and Country, Kentish Town London wasnt it? On the next tour, they were into the whole Viz thing, Brian introduced Jim as the 'Johnny Fartpants of Rockabilly!!!'
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
bogusbill

bogusbill

PostSubject: Tour etc....   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:53 pm

Hey Frenchycat, yes it was definitely at the International 2 but I couldn't swear to the date.

Were you there?
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Not at all Bill (shame!! Crying or Very sad ), I just have some informations about the career of the rockinest cats in the galaxy. We're a lot of huge fans here, and I think we all know the Cats life; but everybody has got original and personnal stories with them, so it's funny to collect what I consider as precious informations.
Thank so much for the confirmation

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2