A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NJ_Stray_Cat

PostSubject: Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard   Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:58 am

Anyone have any recommendations on what paint to use for the 5120 clear pickguard? I want to paint it gold and the only paint I can find in my neck of the woods is rustoleum which is for metal objects. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard   Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:02 am

Try model car paint, just try it on a little test patch first, and do it from behind so it doesn't scratch off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
NJ_Stray_Cat

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard   Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:46 am

Cool, I'll give it a shot. There's a hobby store not to far from me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NJ_Stray_Cat

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard   Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Pete,
Thanks for the suggestion. I went to a local hobby store and found a great shade of gold for the pick guard. I just put a second coat on it and so far it looks great. I can't wait to get it back on the guitar.

Steve Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard   Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:41 pm

What's a "pick guard"? Question

I always take 'em off to get 'em out of the way and clean up the look of my hollar-bodies! affraid

<<----------------------------<<<<< See avatar for the looka I lika!

Arrow cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
built4speed

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard   Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:59 pm

For future reference for anyone else, Krylon Brushed Metallic Satin spraypaint works well too. I cut a new plastic pickguard for my agile 820 and used this paint in "caramel latte" for a gretschy look. Turned out nicely. Unfortunately, the flash makes it look a little less gold than it really is.

Had I not found this, model paint was my next choice!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard   

Back to top Go down

Recommended Paint for the 5120 Clear Pickguard
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1