The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pickup Questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Danny_Wilde

Danny_Wilde

Pickup Questions Empty
PostSubject: Pickup Questions   Pickup Questions EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 1:17 pm

Has anyone tried one of these pickups? I don´t know these from Seymour Duncan...
What´s the difference in construction and sound between Gretsch FilterTrons,Hi-LoTrons,Dynasonics and these type of pickups?

Pickup Questions Seymou13Pickup Questions Seymou14
Pickup Questions Seymou15Pickup Questions Seymou16
Pickup Questions Seymou17

Greetz, Tommi
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/tommi75
Michael69

Pickup Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Questions   Pickup Questions EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:45 pm

Danny_Wilde:

Regarding the SD Dynasonics there's a discussion going on the Gretsch-forum (with sound-samples):

http://www.gretschpages.com/forum/modern-gretsch-guitars/in-search-of-dynasonic-facts-fiction-myth-and-trut/9745/page1/

The Duncan-Designed Pickups are manufactured in the Far East (Korea I guess). If the Duncan-Designed Pickups are Humbuckers then they were the stock-pickups in my Aria FA 80. Very good pickups for that price (better than the Gretschbuckers in the 5120) with quite low output. A little bit muddy with distortion. The sound is something between Gretsch and Tele. I changed the Duncans to TV classics: much stronger output, much more sparkle and clarity especially when driven a little bit harder.

BTW: TV Jones has announced to produce Dynasonics!
Back to top Go down
Danny_Wilde

Danny_Wilde

Pickup Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Questions   Pickup Questions EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks for that link.

Does the Duncan Designed Pickup has the same size like a Gretsch FilterTron?(because of the Gretsch bezel pickup surround)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/tommi75
Michael69

Pickup Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Questions   Pickup Questions EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 12:47 pm

The one's in my ARIA FA 80 fit in a standard humbucker mount.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pickup Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Questions   Pickup Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickup Questions
Page 1 of 1