The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour

Go down 
+43
FrenchyCat
PICKIN' PETE
natalia_rocker
gretschrocks
wee mark
Dave
Banksy
lonesomecat
KK_Lerner
slapperjohn
Junior964
Jett Black
drtiehead
Mauk
Aristocat
Galaxie59
rockabilly guy
Sharky
Eddie Lee
Chris_rocket
masbirras
aussie eskimo
aussienug
laurent327
Kid Setzer
AussieSam
taggy jess
ratpack
Pinkpiratekitty
Tweedboy6L6
Kiki
SwanseaCity
EskimoPie
Stray Cat Lover
Mikey
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
DEXTER
katie11189
Budgie
johnny61
steve91386
Pete C
rickabilly
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aussienug

aussienug

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: AUSTRALIA FAREWELL TOUR?   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:47 am

I HOPE THAT WE GET THE CHANCE TO SEE THE STRAY CATS DOWNUNDER. I HAVE BEEN A BIG FAN SINCE I WAS A KID AND HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO SEE THEM PLAY TOGETHER. I HAVE SEEN LEE ROCKER AND SLIM JIM WHEN THEY PLAYED HERE IN MELBOURNE LAST YEAR BUT NEVER THE STRAY CATS OR BRIAN. IT SADDENS ME TO HEAR TODAY THAT A FAREWELL TOUR HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED ON THIS SITE. I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD SOMEDAY COME DOWNUNDER AGAIN. PERHAPS WE MAY FINALLY GET A TOUR HERE, ALTHOUGH PROBABLY THE LAST ONE. IF THEY DONT COME HERE I HOPE THE TOUR DATES ARE PUT UP REALLY, REALLY EARLY TO ENABLE THE DIE HARD AUSSIE FANS THE CHANCE TO PLAN A TRIP OVERSEAS IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO SEE THEM. AUSTRALIA ALWAYS SEEMS TO GET THE RAW PRAWN WHEN IT COMES TO GOOD MUSIC( ESP ROCKABILLY). PROMOTERS ONLY REALLY PROMOTE POP AND R&B. AUSTRALIA DESERVES THE BEST. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS. ANY CHANCE?
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
aussie eskimo

PostSubject: AUSTRALIA DEMANDS A STRAY CAT TOUR. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:02 am

AGREE WITH AUSSIE NUG! WE NEED TO GET THE BOYS DOWN UNDER. I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL TO JAPAN THOUGH. CAN ANYONE INSTRUCT ME ON HOW TO BUY TICKETS TO OVERSEAS CONCERTS IF THEY ARE NOT COMING TO AUSTRALIA. WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP. THANKS. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:10 am

Same here, I'll be travelling if they don't do an Aussie leg of the tour, suppose I should start getting my passport ready now just in case..however it would be bloody awesome to have the guys here!! Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:19 am

Don´t worry.
I´m sure if you come to Spain you´ll like it very much.
I travelled to Amsterdam to see Brian Setzer, and I stayed for one week more and I liked it very much.
So, if you travell you can know one more country, which you choose.
Back to top Go down
aussienug

aussienug

PostSubject: group bookings   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:31 am

MAYBE KID, WE NEED TO ORGANISE GROUP BOOKINGS,WHEN THE TOUR DATES ARE ANNOUNCED.THE MORE PEOPLE YOU GET THE CHEAPER THE FLIGHTS. US AUSSIES MAY EVEN FILL SEVERAL PLANES. WE MUST FIRSTLY WISH THAT THEY COME TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY CONSIDERING ITS BEEN OVER 17 YEARS I THINK. WERE YOU EVEN BORN WHEN THEY LAST PLAYED MELBOURNE? I WAS AT TIME TO YOUNG TO GO SEE THEM.THEY PLAYED HERE WITH JIMMY BARNES.I DONT THINK THEY GOT ON VERY WELL.ITS GOOD TO SEE YOUNGER PEOPLE ENJOYING THE MUSIC I GREW UP ON, KEEP ROCKIN KID SETZER. FINGERS CROSSED
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:38 am

aussienug wrote:
MAYBE KID, WE NEED TO ORGANISE GROUP BOOKINGS,WHEN THE TOUR DATES ARE ANNOUNCED.THE MORE PEOPLE YOU GET THE CHEAPER THE FLIGHTS. US AUSSIES MAY EVEN FILL SEVERAL PLANES. WE MUST FIRSTLY WISH THAT THEY COME TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY CONSIDERING ITS BEEN OVER 17 YEARS I THINK. WERE YOU EVEN BORN WHEN THEY LAST PLAYED MELBOURNE? I WAS AT TIME TO YOUNG TO GO SEE THEM.THEY PLAYED HERE WITH JIMMY BARNES.I DONT THINK THEY GOT ON VERY WELL.ITS GOOD TO SEE YOUNGER PEOPLE ENJOYING THE MUSIC I GREW UP ON, KEEP ROCKIN KID SETZER. FINGERS CROSSED

Well if it's been 17 years since they've been here then yes, I was born...JUST! They wouldn't let a one year old through the door Razz Definately hoping for an Aussie tour first, that would just be tops.. Haha I heard that the Cats totally outplayed Jimmy (they were his support band I believe?).. but yes we should organise stuff in groups if they don't do Australia..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Chris_rocket

Chris_rocket

PostSubject: The World's Greatest Rockabilly Trio!   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:10 am

Really sad news on the website! but still for some strange reason it's good to end when you're on top of the hill.
The Stray Cats has since they started back in the 80's been the kings of the new rockabilly stage and they still are.
That energy and that cool style of the 3 of them playing together is awsome.
Setzer, Lee, And Jim. You're the world's greatest rockabilly trio!
Not going to miss this tour for anything in the world.
Hope you guys are coming to Sweden, Denmark, or Finland!
Rockabilly Rules!
//Chris rocket, Sweden
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:50 am

Hey, Brian! Do you really have a desk or do you just use the kitchen table?
Your friend in Des Moines,
Eddie Lee Funn
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 12:36 pm

OK - I saw the WHO "farewell tour" twice. I was ready for a third and then John Entwistle died.

I could never justify paying for any of the 2-3 Eagles' "farewell tours".

I saw the KISS "farewell tour" 3 times.

Let's go aehad and call this one a "farewell tour" as well. But, I really don't think it will be the end . . .
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Hey,if calling it a Farewell tour gets a few more punters through the doors then so be it.Who's to say in 5 years time the guys won't get the itch and have to scratch it again.
Bring It Back Again
Steve
Anywhere in the UK will do for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 1:53 pm

Sharky wrote:
OK - I saw the WHO "farewell tour" twice. I was ready for a third and then John Entwistle died.

Unlike The Who, who were willing to go on without one or even two members, Stray Cats will only EVER be Brian Setzer, Lee Rocker, and Slim Jim Phantom. God forbid anything should happen to any of them, but nobody should write off this farewell tour in anticipation of another one down the line. I don't know if a reunited Clash would've played at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, but the tragic loss of Joe Strummer just months before, robbed Clash fans of that possibility. Assume this is it for the lads, and get to a show. Maybe some of you prefer the BSO or the Nashvillains to Stray Cats, but you owe it to yourself to get to a proper Stray Cats show while you can.

Reaper-billy
Back to top Go down
AussieSam

AussieSam

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:04 pm

Great to have us Aussies shouting out Kid Setzer and Aussienug,
I went to the Jimmy Barnes concert and saw the Cats open the show, boy they were GREAT!! Brian came out in his pj's at that Melbourne gig i went to. I didn't even stay for the Barnes show...lol, then someone told me years later that Brian came out and played some guitar during Jimmys show! Dont know if was true or not. Anyway, i also went and saw them with a fake ID at the Palace Night Club in St Kilda, i was about 16 at the time, i was really blown away. Its been a long time between drinks, we NEED Brian back!!!
Back to top Go down
johnny61

johnny61

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:03 pm

I really hope for all Stray Cats fans that they celebrate the tour wth a combo cd/dvd release. Possibly some sort of box set wtih exta goodies?
Back to top Go down
Galaxie59

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Well if they come to the UK, which I'm sure they will, I hope they do more than just 1 gig in London.
Also, to all you guys accross the pond, at least you still have the Xmas shows, which is more than we get over here !!!!!!!!!
Anyway let's hope a few of us can meet up in the pub in Manchester !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:33 pm

I guess an actual "Rumble in Brighton" would just be asking for trouble............

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Aristocat wrote:
I guess an actual "Rumble in Brighton" would just be asking for trouble............

cat

There's gonna be a Rumble in Brisbane if they don't come here, I can tell you that much! Razz

hehe..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
katie11189

katie11189

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 9:02 pm

i'm crossing my fingers that they come back to massapequa. it makes a lot of sense and i wouldn't definitely go back there again since it's not far from rhode island at all. i'm sure they will though, and if not they're bound to come somewhere near here. but i don't wanna jinx it! silent i just need to think positive haha. i'm anxious to see where they will tour though. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mauk

Mauk

PostSubject: I hope they play again here in Rio de Janeiro   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 9:12 pm

I hope they play again here in Rio de Janeiro.I saw them in March 13 1990...Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 Stray_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mauksongs
drtiehead

PostSubject: Warm up show?   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:22 am

I am really hoping the Stray Cats do a warm up show or two or three in Minneapolis. (Brian new home town) I saw Brian at Lee's two years ago, and Slim Jim showed up for a few songs, it was one of the coolest shows ever!

Tommy, you will of course give board members first crack at tickets right?
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 10:05 am

"Warm up" show. In Minneapolis. I get it. rendeer

It's been a pretty brutal winter at times here in the Midwest/Plains. Global warming my eye.

I was also at that Lee's Liquor Lounge show. An unbelievable night, to be sure. Hopefully, a Minneapolis stop will be on their US itinerary.

Baby It's Cold Outside-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Jett Black

Jett Black

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 11:04 am

I can't wait to catch some shows. I also hope that we see them in the US, and can't imagine that we won't, but I'm ready to travel wherever I have to so I can catch a couple of the shows! There's good rockin' this Summer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jettblackmusic
Junior964

Junior964

PostSubject: US Dates!!!!!!   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:04 pm

steve91386 wrote:
All I'm gonna say is this...

There BETTER be some US tour dates...

I hope they do add some US dates....It seems that Brian tends to forget his loyal AMERICAN fans and focus's on the Asian tour dates. Yes I am sure he has a lot more fans in Asian and europe, but Please Brian.....DONT forget about us here in the States!!!!

Just my 2 cents worth!
Back to top Go down
slapperjohn

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 3:13 pm

Can't beleive their gonna do a farewell tour. See them for first time at Brixton Academy 3 yrs ago and they were awesome so regret not seeing them in uk in early eighties, could kick meself. But no way I am going to miss this hope they do UK, sure they will, especially Shepherds Bush empire.
Back to top Go down
KK_Lerner

PostSubject: So sad...   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Crying or Very sad I'm so sad !!! I can't believe that's a farewell tour!!!!
Please, you have to play here in Brazil!!!! You have a lot of friends down here. And we will love it!!!!!!!!!!
Waiting for you guys!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 4:47 pm

also : ich erlaube mir hier einmal in deutsch zu schreiben :
stray cats sind seit 25 jahren teil meines lebens ! ich bin eigentlich schon selbst " stray cat "
und ich werde es bleiben ! das erste konzert, das ich erleben durfte war 1983 . loreley festival in deutschland.
es folgten unzählige konzerte........
seither haben mich die drei herren nicht mehr losgelassen ! ich habe noch einen großen wunsch. ich hab es immer mal wieder versucht, aber irgendwie hat es nicht geklappt. einmal shake hands und ´ne flasche bier mit den jungs trinken.....
letzte gelegenheit also !
mir ist es ehrlich gesagt lieber, sie hören auf, wenn sie am besten sind. und ich glaube das 30 jährige jubiläum ist ein guter anlass ! ich möchte stray cats nicht als rentner mit gehwagen auf der bühne sehen ! rolling stones werden wohl
im sarg von der bühne getragen. stray cats bitte nicht . also : jetzt oder nie ! danke für die zeit !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next