The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bit the Gretsch bullet...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
built4speed

built4speed

Bit the Gretsch bullet... Empty
PostSubject: Bit the Gretsch bullet...   Bit the Gretsch bullet... EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Well, after fawning over the electromatics for a few months, I finally jumped on a 5129. I'd been debating the orange 5120 for some time, but I've already got a semi-hollow with humbuckers that I love for rockabilly, so the 5120 wouldn't really be a useful addition to my collection. Plus, the orange, though an awesome color, is too much like Brian's guitar (also awesome), and I wanted something different for myself.

Though I wasn't looking at buying until early next year, I found a deal that was too hard to pass up. So thanks to my very understanding and cool wife, a new 5129 is on it's way. I can't wait.

This is my first hollowbody, so does anyone have any pointers in the way of maintenance and setup? I'm planning to keep it relatively stock except for the pickguard, that's just gotta go. It's begging for a silver pickguard, and I'm going to give it that.
Back to top Go down
The O'Prez

The O'Prez

PostSubject: Re: Bit the Gretsch bullet...   Bit the Gretsch bullet... EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 9:33 pm

built4speed wrote:
Well, after fawning over the electromatics for a few months, I finally jumped on a 5129. I'd been debating the orange 5120 for some time, but I've already got a semi-hollow with humbuckers that I love for rockabilly, so the 5120 wouldn't really be a useful addition to my collection. Plus, the orange, though an awesome color, is too much like Brian's guitar (also awesome), and I wanted something different for myself.

Though I wasn't looking at buying until early next year, I found a deal that was too hard to pass up. So thanks to my very understanding and cool wife, a new 5129 is on it's way. I can't wait.

This is my first hollowbody, so does anyone have any pointers in the way of maintenance and setup? I'm planning to keep it relatively stock except for the pickguard, that's just gotta go. It's begging for a silver pickguard, and I'm going to give it that.

I have a black 5125 and love it! I want to replace the pickguard with a silver one too (with the Gretsch logo) but am wondering if the ones I've seen for the 5120s will fit the 5125s too?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.osullivanart.net
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Bit the Gretsch bullet...   Bit the Gretsch bullet... EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Welcome to the 5129 club! I've had mine for about 3 months, and am having a great time playing it. I'm sticking with the black pickguard!

Enjoy,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
dru42or3

PostSubject: Re: Bit the Gretsch bullet...   Bit the Gretsch bullet... EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 pm

intination- hit or miss -mess with the bridge till you have it.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Bit the Gretsch bullet...   Bit the Gretsch bullet... EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Hey B4S, welcome to the Gretsch club. Sounds like you got a great wife, which makes playing it even more fun I'm guessing. Enjoy it mate, they're a wild instrument.

Regards,

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bit the Gretsch bullet...   Bit the Gretsch bullet... Empty

Back to top Go down

Bit the Gretsch bullet...
Page 1 of 1