The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
+45
SoCalGG
gizmopumpkin
pinkkatillac
Brand_New_Cadillac
Bear85
Liver Bird
Doesy
61blackwidower
Cristo
larocka
WildCat
DEXTER
pony65k
christopher
Patrick
Kiki
sidelakebob
carboncat
alka-setzer
Eddie Lee
cosbird
EskimoPie
Summerz
rickabilly
Amity
Gloria
kbilly
BethAnn
Budgie
TommyM
1954inMemphis
PeroxideBlonde
burner1
Hot Rod Girl
Davy Jones
webelvis
Sam
Bigbassape
onefin
Aristocat
Kid Setzer
ArtVandelay
Mikey
Pinkpiratekitty
PICKIN' PETE
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
embassystormer

embassystormer

AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 11:38 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Well, there are some people who have hilarious last names when you change Richard to Dick.. Richard Cheese for example is a favourite of mine, a friend of mine is Richard Wood.. ahhhh, thank you whoever thought that changing Richard to Dick was a good idea Razz

Kid.

Kid my name is Kim, and not an abbreviation of Kimberly, here it is a boy's name..

My middlename contains no less than letters that are NOT in the English alphabet. It it made of two syllables, and the second one begins with "bj" which is totllay impossible say right for anyone speaking English (it's pronounced as "by" or ""bie") and darn it, it ends in "erg" with the "g" being more like a "v" sound...Say Pierre with a B and with a "v" at the end..Thats how to so say "bjerg" in danish..huh?
When the name is translated it means "eagle mountain".

ok, i was ordering some pretty cool Stray Cats bowling shirts from a German company, (btw are they licensed??). And the German lady asked me, if the name of my town meant "Dogs town"..I said no..It means "Dog place" (no kidding)..So she replied "So you're ordering Stray Cats shirts to Dog Place??" Then i spelled my name on the phone, and she cracked up when i told that it meant eaglemountain.. She totally flipped when i told that i lived on "Hare's Hill" as well.. THEN i told her what car i drive, it's called a Duck in german..Well actually i have a special version of the Duck called a Mehari which means "Camel" in Arabian Laughing ... Now, the official name of the "Duck" is 2CV, and 2Cv in french means 2 horses..
She then mumbled something about having a Zoo...

Anyway, now where moving towards my avatar...I have a "Duck" ok?
"Ducks" were mainly used by hippies in the seventies here, much like Californian hippies used the VW bus..Hippie duck ?? Thats me..
And "Storm the embassy" is one of my fave songs, as the hostage situation in Teheran is one of the things i recall from my younger days.
Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: ALL ABOUT YOU - INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to: