The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
+45
SoCalGG
gizmopumpkin
pinkkatillac
Brand_New_Cadillac
Bear85
Liver Bird
Doesy
61blackwidower
Cristo
larocka
WildCat
DEXTER
pony65k
christopher
Patrick
Kiki
sidelakebob
carboncat
alka-setzer
Eddie Lee
cosbird
EskimoPie
Summerz
rickabilly
Amity
Gloria
kbilly
BethAnn
Budgie
TommyM
1954inMemphis
PeroxideBlonde
burner1
Hot Rod Girl
Davy Jones
webelvis
Sam
Bigbassape
onefin
Aristocat
Kid Setzer
ArtVandelay
Mikey
Pinkpiratekitty
PICKIN' PETE
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: EskimoPie because...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 3:00 pm

...I live in Alaska and am part Inupiaq Eskimo, and am as sweet as a tasty frozen dessert. Very Happy The avatar is a pic taken at an Alaskan airport. Tho I'm on the fence about AK I love the polar bear, and it's disappearing due to global warming - to me it's an emblem of the changing world. Also I work for an airline. I'm going to change the avatar tho as soon as I get a new computer. (Hence, you guys haven't seen me on here as much as usual.) Here in spirit tho!
Back to top Go down
cosbird

cosbird

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 5:40 pm

have really enjoyed reading where all the names and avatars came from....its amazing this internet thing you correspond with people from all over the world and know hardly anything about them so its nice when these little threads come up and you get a little glimpse of the people behind the scene....kid setzer is so funny..rickabillys detailed explanations...carbon cats smileys etc etc...theres a great lot of people out there in setzer land......
anyways onto my own name, i never had a nickname growing up (boo hoo) and when i married himself i took the name cosgrave, the brain started thinking and came up with cosbird, wahey i finally found one....as for the avatar i googled rocka/psychobilly and as soon as i saw this i thought thats the one for me, was feeling a bit old and frasseled and it reminded me of what its like to be young and eager and raring to go....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cosbird
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:19 pm

Aww thanks Cosbird.. infact my nickname as a baby was maggot, because I was small, white, and wriggled around alot.. I probably smelt like a maggot at times as well.. Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 11:07 pm

My name is Eddie Lee Funn!*

My avatar is Brian last summer in KC, MO Stray Cats show, taken by my pal, Daddio!

*On stage or Online, anyway! Band name is "The Funn Brothers" and we all use "Lee"
as a middle name, to honor David Lee Roth! Laughing
My first name is Edwin, and I use Eddie to really honor Eddie Cochran. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:14 am

Eddie Lee sounds very 50ish or rockabilly to me.....great stage name!!
Back to top Go down
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:22 am

I know I have told about my name in a different thread but I figure I would post it here too......you know, get it in the right thread for all the neat nics out there.

The first time I sat in with my guitar teachers band he introduced me (with my orange hollwobody guitar) as Brian Setzers brother Alka....Setzer. For those outside the USA alka seltzer is antacid.

As for the Avatar....I finally took time to load one. Its simply a Pic of "Bathsheba"My Ibanez Af75d. Yeah I named her silly as it may sound.

Last edited by alka-setzer on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:51 am

alka-setzer wrote:

As for the Avatar....I havent taken the time to figure out how to post it.

Ah, man, I couldn't figure out how you set up that invisible avatar!
-Eddie Lee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 11:55 pm

Ah, man, I couldn't figure out how you set up that invisible avatar!
-Eddie Lee[/quote]

Ancient Chinese Secret!!
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:46 am

1954inMemphis wrote:
1954 in Memphis.... hmmm where it all began... I just tried to be poetic. lol!
My avatar is showing me posing for official band pics. Looks at least a little 1954ish? Wink

Looks like Jarvis Cocker to me - lol

Mikey x
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Pinkpiratekitty
Have you ever heard of a band called the Pirates, they used to be Johnny Kid and the Pirates,but now it's just the Pirates.They were big in the 70's as The Pirates, but they may still be going,they are sort of R&B and R&R
Have a look for them.It's alright I just read you like pirates so I thought I would tell you about this band. Cool Cool Cool Cool
all the Best
Carbon Cat UK Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:13 pm

carboncat wrote:
Hi Pinkpiratekitty
Have you ever heard of a band called the Pirates, they used to be Johnny Kid and the Pirates,but now it's just the Pirates.They were big in the 70's as The Pirates, but they may still be going,they are sort of R&B and R&R
Have a look for them.It's alright I just read you like pirates so I thought I would tell you about this band. Cool Cool Cool Cool
all the Best

I'll check them out - thanks for the info.

6 MORE HOURS TO THE CONCERT!!!!! affraid bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
carboncat wrote:
Hi Pinkpiratekitty
all the Best

I'll check them out - thanks for the info.

6 MORE HOURS TO THE CONCERT!!!!! affraid bounce

And im sitting in Sweden! affraid
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:04 pm

[quote

And im sitting in Sweden! affraid[/quote]

I think you missed your plane Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 10:42 am

Kiki is a name my Blue and Gold Macaw gave to me. She whispers it to me and only uses it for me. She says her name when I point to her and my new name when I point to myself.

Yes, that's her picture in the avatar.
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:43 pm

rickabilly wrote:
Back in the 30s and 40s, it wasn't all that uncommon for boys named "Richard" to be given the nickname "Dick," a fate sadly bestowed upon my father. Luckily, my mother was a Ricky Nelson fan. I'd rather be known as "Little Richard" than "Little... Edith."

Do You Know What I Mean-a-billy

I like it!!! My next door neighbour is called Richard,so that would make him a Di*k-a-billy lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Carbon Cat UK Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:02 am

Well my name is Patrick!
cheers
And my avatar is naturaly a great pic of Brian Setzer. Note the boots!
It must be from his solo period that I like very much.
I had to cut it down because the size was to big. On the original there's a bass player who reminds me of Johnny Winter.
I will try and find the original.
Back to top Go down
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Patrick wrote:
Note the boots!.
Talkin of boots: Anyone knows if the original Pirates (Gonna Ball era) are still available? I'd appreciate any hint, I've been wanting those for about 25 YEARS NOW!

My avatar is the man himself, Mr Elvis Presley, drawn by my then 6 years old daughter. This picture became sort of our family logo, I like it very much.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:06 pm

PeroxideBlonde wrote:

My avatar is a photo of myself I uploaded to a website called "SimpsonizeMe." So I guess if I was a Simpson character this is what I'd look like.

Wow you look great!!
rabbit
I went to the site but you have to log in.
But after that, can I do more "Simpsonizers" or just one?
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 am

Dopey me just realised I haven't posted on this. My name refers to my 65 Mustang. My avatar is me in Dubai earlier this year.

AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 33uwznk

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:30 am

Berndt, You've got to win the award for the best avatar, You're a handsome man, son!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 9:21 am

pony65k wrote:
Dopey me just realised I haven't posted on this. My name refers to my 65 Mustang. My avatar is me in Dubai earlier this year.

AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 33uwznk

René
*droooooool* That is sweet, René!! I love you

What color is it?

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
larocka

larocka

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 pm

My avatar is the ticket of my first concert ever- I was 15. In fact I wanted to take a picture of 3 of my Cats Tshirts dating back from that period but was too lazy to do it!
My nickname dates back from when I was in high school : from 83' to 86' most of the teens with a look were into punk or new wave , and I was the only one to wear rockabilly stuff; so there was that group of punky-rocky guys who called me "la rocka" because they didn't know my name! that's it!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 6:13 pm

[quote="WildCat"]
pony65k wrote:

*droooooool* That is sweet, René!! I love you

What color is it?

cat

Hey WildCat.

It's Rangoon Red.

René
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Rene, that's a HOT car, man... I'd sell both my kidneys and my soul for that thing - 'cept I always wanted a '68 fastback, blue.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 12:50 am

Cristo wrote:
Rene, that's a HOT car, man... I'd sell both my kidneys and my soul for that thing - 'cept I always wanted a '68 fastback, blue.

Hey Cristo.

Thanks man. I'll make a mental note of that should I want a kidney or another soul for my collection Twisted Evil

René
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS AND NAMES...   AVATARS AND NAMES... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: ALL ABOUT YOU - INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to: